High Performance Building for Building Professionals
- Implementing cost-effective green building into your construction practices requires a whole-house approach to building science. In this course, you will learn how to apply green building practices in the construction of a new home, remodel, site development or multifamily project. With a focus on flexibility, a sound knowledge base and cost-effective solutions, the course provides the tools for a successful green project and includes a review of the newly revised ICC/ASHRAE 700-2015 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS). This course can be taken in its entirety or you may choose to take one to 10 different modules focused on a specific high performance topic.
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate sound building science principles and a whole-house approach into the design, construction and remodeling process.
- Analyze an array of water-, resource- and energy-efficiency solutions and techniques as well as indoor environmental quality practices.
- Examine specific practices in each chapter of the NGBS.
- Explore how to market and sell in the expanding green home marketplace.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education and qualifies for 12.00 LU/HSW Hours.
Course ID: HPBBP00
NAHB Continuing Education: 12 hours toward CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, , GMB, GMR, , Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM. NAHB Designations: CGA, CGB, CGP, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP
The National Association of Home Builders is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available upon request.